Import Export Code (IEC)
What is Import Export Code (IEC)?
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued a Policy Circular No.15 (RE-2006)/2004-2009 Date: 27th July, 2006) for New System for issuance of Importer-Exporter Code Number.
Pricing Info & Time Frame
Advantages of Import Export Code (IEC) Registration
The following are the advantages of a IEC Registration in India:
Unlock international Markets
The Export benefits
You can claim the refund of various taxes paid while exporting the goods.
In Some case, government even waive the import duties, if you promise to export the goods within a time frame
The Complete online process
There is no renewal fees for IEC registration.
IEC registration is mandatory if you are dealing in import and export.
No Compliance for IEC registration
There is no need to file any periodical returns etc.
It is similar to PAN card.
No Annual maintenance fees
It lays you complete relaxation in our busy schedule.
File for IEC, no headache.
Simple Registration Process
Minimum Requirement for IEC Code registration in India:
- PAN Number
- Current Bank Account
- Bankers Certificate
- IEC Code Number
- The physical application containing required documents should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.
- E-mail is not mandatory. If it is provided it will facilitate faster communication.
Note: Commercial Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) who have obtained PAN will however be required to obtain Importer Exporter Code number. The permanent IEC number as mentioned above, shall be used by non-commercial PSUs.
Procedures for Registering for Import Export Code (IEC) in India:
Import Export Code (IEC)Registration Process:
Following documents are required for obtaining new IEC:
For Private Ltd./ Ltd.
|1.||PAN Card||Personal PAN Card||Company’s PAN Card||Company’s PAN Card|
|2.||List of Partners/ Directors||Residential address, Pin Code, Phone Number, Father’s Name||Residential address, Pin Code, Phone Number on letter head.||List of Directors with, residential address, Pin Code, Phone Number on letter head.|
|3.||Memorandum and Articles of Association||N.A.||Partnership Deed-duly notarized, copy duly self certified.||MOA|
|4.||Current Account||Any National / International Bank|
|5.||Bank Certificate||As per Appendix attached|
|6.||Photographs (Passport Size)||4 Nos.||Any one of Signing Authority – (4 Nos.)||Any one of Signing Authority – (4 Nos) with mobile number|
|7.||Company’s Letter heads||Two Nos.||Two Nos.||Two Nos.|
|8.||Phone and E-mail||Applicable|
|9.||Type of Exporter||Merchant/Manufacturer/Service/Other/Merchant cum Manufacturer (if manufacturer, SSI (MSME)/IEM/Ind.Licence)|
|10.||Date of formation of company||As per Pan Card||As per Deed agreement||As per Registrar of Companies|
Check List of Documents to apply for IEC Code:
- Covering Letter on your company’s letter head for issue of new IEC Code Number.
- Two copies of the application in prescribed format (Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A) must be submitted to your regional Jt.DGFT Office.
- Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
- Part 1 & Part 4 has to be filled in by all applicants. In case of applications submitted electronically.
- No hard copies of Part 1 may be submitted. However in cases where applications are submitted otherwise, hard copy of Part 1has to be submitted.
- Only relevant portions of Part 2 need to be filled in.
- Appendix 21B.
- Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in
- Appendix 18A.
- Self-certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card issued by Income Tax Authority.
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant duly attested by the Banker of the applicant.
- Self-addresses envelope with Rs.25/- postal stamp for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post or challan/DD of Rs.100/- for speed post.
How to Register IEC in India?
Thanks for Your Time
If we didn't answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime