FAQs for One Person Company Registration
If you still have a question Call us now
What are the pre-requisites for One Person Company Registration?
Below mentioned are the pre-requisites to register an OPC in India:
1. The shareholder must be individual and Indian resident
2. At least one director is appointed, who shall be an Indian resident
3. A nominee who is above the age of 18 years and Indian resident must be appointed as Nominee on registration
4. A place of business must be provided as the registered office address of OPC.
Is there any minimum capital requirement to register OPC?
No. The requirement to provide minimum paid-up capital for OPC registration is now removed. The amount required for starting a business must be subscribed while registering OPC. Further, the subscriber must hold at least one share for registration. It is important to note that the minimum amount of INR 1 Lakh must be kept as Authorized Capital.
What is Authorized Capital and Paid-up Capital?
Authorised capital shows the maximum amount of capital that a company can raise by way of issuing shares at present or in the future. The Paid-up Capital refers to the actual amount raised by the company i.e. amount paid by shareholders upon issuance of shares. One can register One Person Company in India by any amount of paid-up capital, which can be less than authorized capital but not exceeding such.
Is it possible to obtain One Person Company registration at a residential place?
Yes, a company can be registered at a commercial or a residential place by furnishing necessary proof. A registered office is a place where communication, if any, from MCA and other concerned authorities, will be received. The address will also be displayed at the portal of Ministry.
Which documents you require for One Person Company Registration in INDIA?
- Passport Size Photo
- Copy of Pan Card – Self Attested
- Copy of AdhaarCard – Self Attested
- Copy of Latest Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill / Bank Statement / Mobile Bill – Anyone: Self Attested
- For Office Proof – Copy of Latest Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill / Gas Bill – Anyone: Self Attested
What are the statutory requirements to be fulfilled after registration process is completed?
Once, the company is registered, it must fulfill below-mentioned requirements on priority:
• Opening a current account of the company
• Appointing of the Statutory auditor
• Depositing the paid-up capital mentioned while registration
• Issuance and allotment of shares